flowers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lost Wedding Band

The loss of my wedding band, representing 43 years marriage, has left a hole in my heart. It isn't so much the ring itself, although that is very important to me, but it is a symbol of a vow Dennis and I made to one another on our wedding day back in 1965 when we exchanged those golden bands. We worked and saved for those bands a long time, had them engraved and wore them with love for one another.

In a moment of time, mine was gone, and now, being several weeks later, I still have not found it. I know that the Lord is aware of my loss and I still pray that He will show me where it fell. My love for my husband has not changed by the loss of my ring, but whenever I see his on his finger, I feel the loss on mine. The rings represented our vow to each other and that will never change by the loss of a ring.

2 comments:

holman family said...

just prayed for you this morning, mom. it will turn up!

The Finnans said...

ohh...I can't believe you still haven't been able to find it! I sure hope you find it!