flowers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hummingbird Nest







Can you believe that I have a real hummingbird nest right in the tree in front of the house where I can see it? It is very small but Dad was able to capture a picture of it and the mommy was in it at the time! I have a feeder hanging in front of my kitchen window and the mommy would drink from that first and then fly over the house to feed her baby. I don't know how many eggs are in there but they have either one or two. The other day this little hummingbird was fighting with a dove to keep it away from her nest. It was the funniest thing to see this tiny bird dive bombing a dove that is way bigger than her. The dove's nest was above hers. Boy, where is the video camera when you need it?

Here are some more pictures, although not mine, they accurately show what I am viewing from my front door.

1 comment:

The Finnans said...

how neat!! I would love to have been able to see that! I have never seen a hummingbirds nest. You are lucky to have it in your front yard!